The Bailey Family

The Bailey Family

Seth, Alyson, Brynn, Kira and Alayna

Thursday, August 13, 2009

She's finally here!!

It was worth the wait!! Alayna Kate Bailey was born on Tuesday August,11th at about 2:30 pm. She was my biggest baby at a whopping 6 lbs. 15 oz.! Thank goodness our girls come small! We went in Tuesday morning to be induced. Seth couldn't believe what an awesome idea it was to schedule your delivery. He kept saying, "Why doesn't everyone do it this way? It just makes so much sense." I would have to agree with him now that we've tried it this way. Alayna was such a quiet little thing from the moment she was born. She was struggling to breath at first and we were all anxious to hear her cry. The doctors got her breathing well and said her color looked great, but she still had no inclination to cry.(Not that we minded, but it is something you expect to hear atleast a little of.) She had her first bottle about 20 minutes after she was born. She is quite the veracious eater! She finished off an entire 2 oz. and would not let me take it away from her! We were so grateful for a healthy, happy baby!

Proud parents!

Her 1st meal- YUM! I think the bottle looks twice the size of her cute little head!

Brynn Alyson-holding Alayna for the 1st time. She is such a natural little mommy. I kept asking her if her arm was getting tired, and she always said no. Her arm is still holding strong, since she has held the baby constantly since we've been home. I am grateful to have such a great little helper!

Kira Belle's turn! She was a little timid to hold the baby for a while. Once she finally took a turn, she held the baby for about 3 seconds and said, "I'm done!" Things have changed now. At home we have lots of compromising over whose going to feed Alayna first or hold her first or the longest. "Hey mom, Brynn got two turns in a row, no fair!" I don't think Kira really understands that Alayna is here to stay and there will always be pleanty of time to hold and cuddle her.

Alayna's very first bath in the nursery.

Brynn and Kira picked out three bows to go in the baby's hair. Red, Kira's favorite color. Yellow, Brynn's favorite and pink, Alayna's favorite ofcorse.

First day at home. All her clothes are gigantic on her!

4 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations!!! She is adorable and you look great! Hope all is well! Let me know when you are having visitors I would love to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!!! No wonder you came home so fast, you didn't need to recover! j/k. Your girls are such proud sisters, the pictures are darling. I love her!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is just beautiful! How fun for all to have a baby in house again. I hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this Ally...like De's roommate at BYU??? I was blog hopping just for fun...and clicked on. Thinking you looked very familiar. Oh my goodness...blast from the past!!! You have an adorable family. Congrats on your new little one.
    Love~
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete