The Bailey Family

The Bailey Family

Seth, Alyson, Brynn, Kira and Alayna

Monday, March 19, 2012

Pizza (Italian Style)

Now that it is March and I am getting a little sad about how quickly time has gone by with our sweet foreign exchange student Effy. She has come to us from Milan, Italy and has been here all year going to Lone Peak High School as a senior. Our family has enjoyed having her soooo much! She spoiled us some Sundays by making home made pizza. She would make the dough and let it rise a few hours and then put the toppings on and cook it. She made all of them without cheese because she is vegetarian, but they turned out so fantastic. One was just covered in onions that carmelized, it was amazing! Another was green peppers. Another red pepper and onions. She also made a foccia bread with rosemary that was great too. We ate until we thought our sides would split! It was so good that even Kira ate the onion and red peppers and that is saying something! Effy said she had never cooked pizza on her own, she had just watched her mom and grandma do it so many times. I guess 1st time's a charm then, because it I think she would have made her family proud. I just don't know if I am ready to send her back yet:(

No comments:

Post a Comment