I'm finally getting around to posting about Lawni's marathon finish. Brandalyn, Heather and I thought it would be fun to surprise her at the finish line. There were so many people around the finish line and we weren't exactly sure when she would finish. In a moment of distraction we missed her and tried calling out her name as we saw the back of her head. She was very focused and had her ear phones in too. So we ran as fast we could with strollers and babies to catch her but she was gone! We thought she might have gone back for Scott, but we weren't sure if we should wait. After about an hour of waiting and wondering what might have happened to her, we were turning to walk back to the car and we heard, "Congratulations Scott and Lawni Milligan"! I was so happy that we didn't have to go home without seeing her:) It really was so inspiring watching her train for and complete 26.2 miles! It made me want to go out and run a race and I am not a runner. Hopefully I can take that inspiration and channel into something else I've always wanted to do but haven't yet. Glad we caught you before we left Lawni, you are amazing!!
The Bailey Family
The Bailey Family
Seth, Alyson, Brynn, Kira and Alayna
Sunday, July 11, 2010
The Big Finish!
I'm finally getting around to posting about Lawni's marathon finish. Brandalyn, Heather and I thought it would be fun to surprise her at the finish line. There were so many people around the finish line and we weren't exactly sure when she would finish. In a moment of distraction we missed her and tried calling out her name as we saw the back of her head. She was very focused and had her ear phones in too. So we ran as fast we could with strollers and babies to catch her but she was gone! We thought she might have gone back for Scott, but we weren't sure if we should wait. After about an hour of waiting and wondering what might have happened to her, we were turning to walk back to the car and we heard, "Congratulations Scott and Lawni Milligan"! I was so happy that we didn't have to go home without seeing her:) It really was so inspiring watching her train for and complete 26.2 miles! It made me want to go out and run a race and I am not a runner. Hopefully I can take that inspiration and channel into something else I've always wanted to do but haven't yet. Glad we caught you before we left Lawni, you are amazing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad we saw you, Lawni! We won't try that again, we will just tell you next time. I really did feel so proud of you! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete